Practical information at UNESCO HQ
The UN-Water Summit on Groundwater will take place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris. The entrance to attend the Summit will be:
- Entrance for speakers and sessions organizers: 7, place Fontenoy, Paris 75007
- Entrance for Summit participants: 125 Avenue Suffren, Paris 75007
All delegates are requested to check in at the Registration Desk, at the entrance, to pick up their badges. Registration is free of charge.
- Pre-Summit – Tuesday, 6 December: 09:00-18:30 CET
- Wednesday, 7 December: 09:00-18:30 CET
- Opening ceremony: 10:30-12:00 CET
- Thursday, 8 December: 09:00-18:30 CET
* You can pick up your badge for the full event (6-8 December) any day from 8:30 CET
The pre-summit side-events on 6 December will take place in Rooms VI, VIII and XI, in parallel.
The Summit official plenaries, on 7 and 8 December will take place in Room I.
For the final programme click here.
The working languages of the Summit are English, French and Spanish, with simultaneous interpretation during the plenary sessions.
Participants are requested to make their own arrangements should they require a visa for entering France. It is recommended that visa requests are made well in advance.
Free wi-fi connection is provided at the meeting venue and throughout UNESCO premises.
- Network: HQ-AIR-PUB
- ID: hq-air
- Password: uneswifi
Coffee/tea breaks will be offered by UNESCO throughout the duration of the Summit days (7-8 December). Please note that no individual water bottles will be distributed. Water dispensers are available throughout the conference venue. We strongly encourage you to bring your own reusable bottle or cup.
Considering the positive evolution of the health situation in France, wearing a mask is no longer compulsory at UNESCO Headquarters. For your protection, we strongly recommend wearing a mask in meeting rooms, conference rooms, or any gathering place.
While you are with us at the Summit, we also kindly ask you to respect hygiene precautions, such as the use of hydro-alcoholic gel when entering UNESCO buildings, frequent hand washing and policies to ensure efficient ventilation of the meeting rooms.
Any person showing symptoms (or suspicion of symptoms), whether vaccinated or not, can seek medical advice at UNESCO’s Medical Services located on the 2nd floor by contacting them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other COVID-19 related medical matters, including travel-related COVID-19 tests, appointments can be booked through the online platform Doctolib https://www.doctolib.fr/.
- A first-aid service is located on the 2nd floor of the UNESCO Headquarters (Fontenoy main building). Non-emergency medical services will not be provided on premises.
- Costs for any medical treatment incurred while in France are to be covered by individual participants. Visitors from the European Union will benefit from the same health services as French citizens. For this, you need to obtain a form E111 at your local health centre in your home country before leaving for the Summit. Non-European participants are advised to purchase travel insurance in their home country before leaving, including coverage for France and any other countries visited in transit.
- Medical Service +33 (0) 1 45 68 08 67 email@example.com
- Non-emergency medical consultations can be booked on https://www.doctolib.fr/. The Medical Europe Centre located at 44, rue Amsterdam 75009 Paris Tel: 01 42 81 93 33 also proposes various low-price consultations
Bank service within UNESCO building: the bank Société Générale is located on the ground floor and its opening hours are: 09:30 – 12:15 CET and 13:15 – 17:15 CET.
The cash machine is open 24 hours.
Practical information while in Paris
An RER/TGV station now serves the airport directly. Trains leave every 15 minutes during the hours of 5:30 – 11:30 CET to downtown.
Airport shuttle service
You can also use a shared or personal service to anywhere across Paris. Arrange your pickup in advance – the Airport Shuttle will be waiting for you when you arrive and waiting to bring you back to the airport when you depart at the end of your stay.
These services usually accept payment by credit card. It is nonetheless suggested that you contact them by phone in advance to confirm that you can pay the driver directly by card (including which cards are accepted).
You are requested to make direct reservations online or by contacting the Selected Company:
How to get to the UNESCO’s Headquarters by public transport
From Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport:
- Train: From Terminal 3, take the RER B until “Saint-Michel Notre-Dame” then take metro line 10 until “Segur”.
- Bus: From terminal 1 (Arrivals, door 32), Roissybus arrives at “Opera”, from there it is possible to take the metro line 8 until “Ecole Militaire”.
From Orly Airport:
- Train: The “Orlyval” is a train connecting the airport with the “RER B”
- Bus: Orlybus from the airport to “Denfert-Ronchereau” then the metro line 6 until “Cambronne”
From Gare du Nord:
UNESCO can be reached by taking the metro line 4 until Odeon station and then the metro line 10 until Segur station.
(Line 4 will be closed several times over the next few months please check the following website: https://www.ratp.fr/en/discover/coulisses/network-modernisation/metro-line-4-closures-2020)
How to get to the UNESCO’s Headquarters by taxi
- Taxi G7: Taxi G7 services are available here: https://www.g7.fr/decouvrez-nos-services-taxis/commander-taxi-aeroport-paris-orly
- Prices from Orly to Paris: €32-€37
- Prices from Roissy CDC to Paris: €53-€58
Please be aware that Parisian Taxis generally charge an extra fee when clients reserve a taxi in advance. This is to cover the distance already covered by the driver to reach the client pick-up point.
In order to avoid any financial inconvenience, it is also important that you are aware of the most economical route to your hotel.
- Free now is a mobility service provider, it is possible to book a taxi by downloading the app available on App store and Google Play https://www.free-now.com/fr/download-app-qr-code?af_sub5=free-now.com_cta?&is_retargeting=true&af_channel=dr&af_sub4=/uk/?
- Uber: https://www.uber.com/global/en/airports/cdg/
Public transport in Paris and in the Suburbs: RER /Metro/Bus For any information on public transport in Paris, e.g. costs, time tables, routes, please consult www.ratp.fr.
The Parisian public transport is the most economic way of travelling around the city and Ille de France. It is safe and used by all Parisians as a secure, fast transport, avoiding the challenge of the usual heavy traffic in Paris
How to get to UNESCO HQ by Public Transports:
- Line 10: Ségur (10 minutes to the main entrance)
- Line 6: Cambronne -(5 minutes’ walk to UNESCO)
- Line 8: Ecole Militaire – (10 to 15 minutes’ walk UNESCO)
- Line 28: (Ecole Militaire)
- Line 80: (Place Cambronne).
English is spoken at the following hospitals
- The American Hospital in Paris | 63 boulevard Victor Hugo, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine | Tel: 33 1 46 41 25 25 | (metro: Anatole France /Pont de Levallois).
- The Hertford British Hospital | 3, rue Barbès, 92300 Levallois-Perret | Tel: 33 1 46 39 22 22 | (metro: Anatole France)
- Hôtel Dieu | 1 parvis Notre-Dame, 75001 Paris | Tel : 01 42 34 82 34
Emergency telephone numbers
- Samu-Urgences de France : 15
- Police : 17
- Firemen: 18
- S.O.S doctors: 01 43 37 77 77
- S.O.S dentists: 01 43 37 51 00
The following pharmacies are located near UNESCO
General opening hours from 8:00 to 9:00 CET
- Pharmacie Place Cambronne 6 Place Cambronne 75015 Paris Tel : 01 45 67 12 86
- Pharmacie du Métro (Boulevard de Grenelle) 138 Boulevard de Grenelle 75015 Paris Tel : 01 45 75 33 35
24hour pharmacies (from 8:00 to 9:00 CET)
- Pharmacie Derhy 84 av. des Champs Elysées 75008 Paris Tel: 01 45 62 02 41
- Pharmacie Rico 6, place Félix Eboué 75012 Paris Tel. 01 43 43 19 03
Average temperature : Average Temperatures in Paris in December
- average minimum temperatures in Dec. in Paris : 2°C / 36°F
- average maximum temperature in Dec. in Paris: 7°C / 45°F
- average rainfall : 59 mm
Finally, if you are wondering what the weather will be like one week before your arrival, please consult:
Paris offers a wide choice of hotels. You may wish to consult travel aggregators (e.g., booking.com, hotels.com, tripadvisor.com) to scan the market in the vicinity of UNESCO Headquarters before deciding whether to book the hotel through that platform or with the hotel directly.
- UNESCO Restaurant (Fontenoy) | 7th floor Fontenoy (lunch only) Opens from 12 to 2.30 pm Tel: 01 45 68 16 00 / Reservation required
- UNESCO Cafeteria/Bar service (Fontenoy) | 7th Floor (Self service) Opens from 8.30 am
- L’Escudella | CUISINES :French, Healthy, Gastropub, Dining bars, Vegetarian Friendly | Price range: €24 – €55 | https://www.escudella.fr/menus-carte/ | Address : 41 avenue de Segur, 75007 Paris France | Phone number: +33 9 82 28 70 70 | Distance from Unesco HQ : 250 mtr.
- Fratelli Castellano | CUISINES: Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, Neapolitan, Campania, Southern-Italian | Price range: €10 – €30 | http://www.fratellicastellano2019.fr | Address : 43 rue Fondary, 75015 Paris France | Phone number: +33 1 45 77 61 93 | Distance from UNESCO HQ : 1km.
- Myung Ka | CUISINES: Korean, Asian | Price range: €10 – €30 | http://myungka-restaurant.fr/ | Address : 19 Boulevard Garibaldi, 75015, 75015 Paris France } Phone number: +33 1 47 83 41 45 | Distance from UNESCO HQ: 250 mtr.