As part of the World Water Day 2022 campaign a video challenge was launched last 22 March 2022. People from around the world are asked to make a 60 second film on the theme of ‘Groundwater – making the invisible visible’. Afterwards, a selection of 5 video messages will be compiled and screened at the opening session of the UN-Water Summit on Groundwater.
One minute film challenge: Shoot a video about groundwater – make the invisible visible!
Tell us in one minute or less: how does groundwater affect your life? Is there enough? Is it safe to use? What is groundwater mainly used for in your area? What needs to be done to exploit or protect groundwater? Share your groundwater story. Grab your phone or camera and make a 60 second video about the groundwater situation where you live.
- One minute max. Keep your video to 60 seconds or less.
- Go widescreen. Shoot the video in landscape orientation.
- Speak up. Use a mic for good quality audio.
- Be civil. Keep your video respectful and constructive.
- Be accurate. Check your facts.
- You must have permission to use any third party music or imagery within the film.
- For non-English videos, please add English CC/subtitles.
How to join
- Upload your 60 second video to YouTube or Vimeo and share on social media using #MyGroundwaterStory and #WorldWaterDay.
- Send the link to email@example.com.
- Entry is now open. The deadline for new entries is midnight CET on 20 November 2022.
- ‘After the cut-off, a selection of 5 video messages will be compiled and screened at the UN-Water Summit on Groundwater in December 2022.